Beyoncé continues her climb up the Instagram chart this month, leveraging a few hundred thousand extra fans to overtake Ariana Grande and claim her spot at number 4.
If her outfit at the VMAs is anything to go by, Beyoncé wants the world to know the Queen is back, and her eyes are set firmly on Selena’s throne.
In other news, Justin made the word ‘Sorry’ famous for other reasons this month as he followed through on his threats to ‘delete’ his Instagram account. Fans are now greeted with ‘Sorry, this page isn’t available’ if they try to access his collection of selfies. His account was ‘mistakenly’ reactivated for a brief period, though, so we don’t expect it will be long before the Beliebers can sleep soundly again.
Despite his inactivity on the platform he did manage to keep hold of spot number 7, holding a 2.4 million lead over Ronaldo for this month. How long can the Biebz hold out for? We can’t wait to see what happens in September!
Without further ado, here are the world’s Top 10 Instagram users for August 2016!
1. Instagram (@instagram, 185,530,673)
2. Selena Gomez (@selenagomez, 97,696,148)
3. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift, 90,314,867)
4. Beyoncé (@beyonce, 83,514,924)
5. Ariana Grande (@arianagrande, 83,163,646)
6. Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian, 81,371,500)
7. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber, 77,865,420) (29/8)
8. Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano, 75,457,023)
9. Kylie Jenner (@kyliejenner, 73,577,998)
10. Nicki Minaj (@nickiminaj, 65,175,094)
Statistics provided by SocialBlade
Latest posts by Michael Brown (see all)
- Top 10 Global & Australian Twitter Users // January 2017 - February 23, 2017
- 5 Minutes with Meg Coffey - February 20, 2017
- Top 10 Instagram Users // January 2017 - February 18, 2017