Once again Selena reigns supreme, proving that quality over quantity works on social.
Her profile continues to grow and grow too, during April she gained 3.35 million followers – quite remarkable considering there was only 6 posts …popular gal!
Last month Ariana joined Selena in the million follower club, but the pair were not alone for long. This month we had a double whammy with both Taylor Swift and Beyonce hitting the 100 million followers mark.
With an increase of 3.2million new followers for the month the love for The Rock continues to grow. With an average of 107k followers per day, he has almost surpassed Bieber who’s daily average dropped to 73k new followers and continues to fade.
Also gaining over 300k followers were Ronaldo and Selena. While it didn’t make much difference to Selena’s position who remains 2nd behind Instagram it did see Ronaldo ruffle some feathers. The footballer’s increase of 3.6k followers in April gained him 6th position leaving Kim Kardashian to drift down to 7th spot.
Kim has been revealing her ‘normal’ life in recent posts, including a few retro photos of her and her sister in the 90’s (pre-plastic surgery) but it seems that the lack of controversy in her posts could be turning people away…?
The Top 10 Instagram users for April 2017:
1. Instagram (@instagram 222, 052, 078)
2. Selena Gomez (@selenagomez 119, 061, 727)
3. Ariana Grande (@arianagrande 104, 562, 586)
4. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift 101, 703, 156)
5. Beyoncé (@beyonce 100, 943, 023)
6. Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano 99, 653, 534)
7. Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian 98, 961, 688)
8. Kylie Jenner (@kyliejenner 92, 823, 512)
9. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber 85, 611, 839)
10. Dwayne Johnson (@therock 85, 052, 506)
Statistics provided by SocialBlade
Latest posts by Katrina Rischbieth (see all)
- The value of authenticity - October 3, 2017
- Top Instagram Users // August 2017 - September 2, 2017
- Top 10 Global and Australian Twitter Users // August 2017 - September 1, 2017