18th June 2019
With Lookalike Audiences you can deliver Facebook ads to people with the same demographics and behaviours as your existing customers.
A Facebook Lookalike Audience helps you to find people who are more likely to be interested in the services your business provides.
Lookalike Audiences allows you to reach users who are similar to;
- People who like your Facebook page
- Visitors to your website
- People who engage with your mobile app
In this post we will explain the purpose of a Lookalike Audience and show you how to create a Lookalike Audience.
What are Lookalike Audiences?
This uses a small custom audience to seed a Lookalike Audience that’s optimized for reach. This helps to find people on Facebook who are likely to be interested in your business but you haven’t connected with them yet.
Surface Your New Biggest Fans
Plant the seed
The seed (or source) audience that you select as the starting place for your audience lets Facebook know what qualities to match with. The size of the audience you select informs Facebook how closely the Lookalike Audience should match the seed audience.
How to Create your Lookalike?
Firstly, to make a Lookalike you have to be the owner of Facebook Business page or have administrator access on a Facebook Ad account.
If you don’t have admin access or are unsure how to add people to your account, you can follow these steps.
Step 1: Seed Audience
A seed audience are people who are highly valuable to your business, like those who make purchases or are actively engaged with your Facebook page.
- A custom audience
- Your customer information
- Your Facebook Pixel
- A mobile app
- Facebook Page fans
How to create the audience:
Some tips to remember:
- Use highly-relevant seed audiences
- Experiment with audience size
- Avoid using broad sources
- Combine Facebook targeting tools
- Audience quality is more important than audience size
- Use high-quality data
- Segment your audience
- Use expanded targeting as a backup
Have you had success using these audiences? Do you have any tips? We would love to hear from you in the comments!
Latest posts by Sean Huxley (see all)
- AANA Guidelines for Brands Working With Influencers - November 11, 2019
- Instagram Story Ads // Rules and Best Practices - October 16, 2019
- Authentically Engage With Your Social Media Followers [VIDEO] - September 28, 2019