WordPress plugins are great tools to improve the functionality of your website, while also making your job in maintaining your website so much easier.
Although the plugins you may require can vary depending on what services your website offers, there are some WordPress plugins that every social media manager can use to get great results.
There are currently more than 55,000 WordPress plugins to choose from. This gigantic number means there is more than likely a plugin out there for any function you require. But, it also means there are many plugins you need to sift through to find the good ones.
Lucky for you we have made a list of the Best Social Media Plugins For WordPress that will improve your website in no time.
With more than 1 million downloads, Yoast SEO is the plugin that will improve your search engine optimization. Yoast SEO provides you with a toolkit that helps you aim for that number one spot on Google.
- Content and SEO analysis: Tools to write SEO-friendly texts
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in search results
- Bulk Editor – make large-scale edits to your website
- Manage SEO roles
- Integrates with Google Search Console – see how your site performs in the search engines and fix crawl errors
AddToAny Share Buttons
Make sure you’re doing everything in your power to increase traffic and engagement by helping people easily share your pages and posts. With the AddToAny Share Buttons plugin, you can include platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and many more.
- Standard share buttons
- Floating share buttons
- Share counters
- Follow buttons – social media links to your Instagram, YouTube, Facebook
- Image sharing buttons
Broken Link Checker
Are you monitoring your broken links? Broken links on a website can negatively affect your SEO. The Broken Link Checker plugin checks your website for broken links and notifies you when any are found. Make sure you fix these as soon as possible to keep your website running smoothly.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll and custom fields
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional)
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post
Insert Headers and Footers
Have you been trying to install the Facebook Pixel to your website but seem to get confused when it comes to adding code to your theme files? If this is the case for you, Insert Headers and Footers is the simple solution. The simple interface of the plugin gives you one place where you can insert scripts, rather than dealing with a bunch of plugins or having to edit your theme files.
- Quick to set up
- Add Google Analytics code to any theme
- Add custom CSS across themes
- Insert Facebook Pixel Code
WordPress Popular Posts
WordPress Popular Posts is a customizable widget that displays the most popular posts on your website. You can choose to list the posts that have been most popular from a specific time range – last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc.
- Display a thumbnail of your posts
- Use your own layout
- Time range
- Sorting options (order list by comments, views or average views per day)
- Multi-widget capable
With this plugin, you can easily manage 301 redirections, 404 errors and other loose ends that may occur on your website. This plugin has been on WordPress for more than 10 years and has more than 1 million downloads.
- Redirect manager
- Conditional redirects
- Full logging
- Track 404 errors
- Simple 301 redirects
- WordPress old slug redirects
What plugins do you think are essential for social media managers? We would love to hear your suggestions in the comments below.