23rd July 2019
A Facebook Cover Video is one of the first things your audience will see when they visit your Facebook page.
If you have the option between a cover photo and a Facebook cover video, it makes sense to use a video. Video quickly grabs your customers attention and can help them to stay on your page a little bit longer.
The cover video will auto play without sound, just like a video in the News Feed would. Keep this in mind when selecting your cover video – your video should be capable of showing your message without any sound.
Understanding the Basics
Facebook Cover Video Specs, Dimensions, Sizes, & Length:
- Minimum size: 820 x 312 pixels
- Recommended video size: 820 x 462 pixels
- Length: 20-90 seconds
The dimensions are different to other Facebook videos because of the large space. If a video isn’t specifically designed for the cover, Facebook will crop it to 820 x 462 pixels. Also, the video must be 20-90 seconds long and have a resolution of 1080p.
The video loops by default, but you can turn this feature off.
You can choose to turn off the loop feature.
For now, the feature is only available for Pages, which means you can’t use it on a personal profile.
How to Upload a Cover Video
Uploading a video as your Facebook cover image is as simple as uploading a new photo.
Hover your mouse over the cover image on your Facebook page and you’ll see a camera icon pop up.
Click the Change Cover icon.
Select Upload photo/video
Wave is an online video maker that can help you create that perfect Facebook Video Cover.
With Wave, you can:
- Create videos easily with the largest 300-million stock video and image library.
- Combine multiple clips with your own to get the look and story you want.
- Import your own video clips, images and music with a simple drag-and-drop.
- Change the aspect ratio of your video to 30+ popular sizes, optimized for every social platform.
- Add text and logo to your videos
- Set your own custom colors and fonts
Do you have a Facebook Video Cover? What program did you use to make it? We would love to hear from you in the comments!
Latest posts by Sean Huxley (see all)
- Instagram Story Ads // Rules and Best Practices - October 16, 2019
- Authentically Engage With Your Social Media Followers [VIDEO] - September 28, 2019
- Facebook Creator Studio // Publish and Schedule Posts to Instagram - September 17, 2019