Customizing your Instagram Story Highlights Cover is a piece of virtual cake!
Here’s the how-to for creating a thumb-stopping, on-brand highlights album.
Instagram Story Highlights is a feature that Instagram released late December 2017, think of it as a ‘didn’t know you needed it but you did’ belated Christmas present (because those are the best kind!)
Story Highlights lets you save your Instagram Stories and display them, extending your story beyond the original 24-hours. You can group them into ‘albums’ that your followers can access again and again.
It’s Pinterest meets Snapchat!
Customising using Instagram
Using the Type Mode in stories, you can create your Instagram Stories Highlights cover to fit your brand and profile aesthetics.
- Open Instagram and go to the type mode in Instagram Stories.
- Edit the text, alter the font, add images, change the background – get creative!
- Send your creation to your Story.
- Access your Instagram Story Highlights (located under your profile), click edit cover and select your new art work.
Voila – customized cover!
Using Instagram is your one stop shop to creating and customizing your cover photo. However, if you want to go one step further than meet our friend, Canva !
Customising using Canva
Here at #SMPerth, we LOVE Canva! Canva is an online design tool that you can use to create interesting and engaging content.
We used the app on our smart phone but Canva is also accessible on your desktop browser which is a total win in our books!
- Open Canva and tap on the Instagram icon (located in the top toolbar) and select your template.
- Create your masterpiece by selecting the + icon (located on the bottom right corner) and edit the font, graphics, layout and background.
- Tap share and save your photo into your camera roll.
- Open Instagram, add the photo to your story, tap the + icon in your Stories Highlight (located under your profile), select your new art work and tap Edit cover
Head over to 3 Powerful Graphic Design Tools for Busy Marketers to read more about Canva and other graphic design tool ideas!
Latest posts by Claire Oswald (see all)
- How to// Customize Your Instagram Story Highlights Cover - July 10, 2018
- Five Podcasts We Can’t Stop Talking About - June 22, 2018