10th February 2020
Let’s be honest, there are a lot of tools out there.
No, not that dickhead ex-boyfriend, we’re talking social media marketing tools.
So where do you start? We’ve put together the ultimate list of tools, including the ones that we absolutely can’t live without. Like desert island, only one item, it would be this kind of can’t live without.
Here’s our favourite list of social media marketing tools, broken down by category as we see fit.
- Buffer – we use this platform to schedule EVERYTHING.
- Iconosquare – we use this platform when we’re not using Buffer. More about these legends later
- Creator Studio – If it’s FB and Insta scheduling you’re after, but you don’t want to pay for an app, this is where you go.
- OneUp – you can use this platform to schedule across all the popular social networks AND also to Google My Business for those with a local SEO strategy.
- Display Purposes – need a hashtag? Here’s where you find it.
- Focalmark – The app cousin to Display Purposes.
Spread the word
- Zoom – Conference calls from anywhere, anytime. Sure, why not?
Be best in your writing
- Grammarly – from plagiarism to just poor content, this plug-in keeps us sounding our absolute best
- Word Hippo – when you need to find another word for something, or a word that rhymes with something, or an example of a word being used in a sentence. This is the word tool that will save you over and over again!
- Hemingway Editor – this will improve your writing. The app highlights lengthy, complex sentences and common errors and shows you how to fix them.
Email is the future
- Mailchimp – where would we be without these crazy monkeys? We love everything about this platform when it comes to our email marketing. Get involved.
- WiseStamp – looking for a tool to create a great looking email signature? This is for you! Plus you can also use it for signing documents online too.
Design & Editing
- Unsplash – where would we be without royalty free photos?! Not looking nearly as flash that’s for sure. If you need a stock photo, these are our abolsute go-tos.
- Canva – not only does this Photoshop killer come from Perth, it’s also 100% the only graphic design tool we use when it comes to branding
- Adobe Photoshop – yes you need it. There are just some things Canva can’t do. yet.
- Adobe Lightroom – editing on the fly is helpful, this is the app to make your pictures pop. It’s cost is dependent on the level of Adobe subscription you have. For us this is mobile only usage but others we know and love use it on the desktop.
- VSCO – The half-cousin to Instagram.
- Snapseed – Another program owned by Google…
- Lumen5 – connect it to your blog and instantly turn articles into videos. Game changing.
- Wordswag – words on photos are pretty.
- Cinemagraph Pro – Your creation studio from the palm of your hands.
- Snagit – The screenshot tool for desktop.
- InShot – ever wondering how influencers and vloggers create polished videos using their phones? InShot is the answer. Not only does this app lets you add stickers, professional filters, sound effects and music, it also lets you edit and trim your videos.
- Lens Distortion – if you’re looking to lift your photo game to the next level, Lens Distortion is a unique photo editing app that allows you to add light effects to your photos.
- Preview – need help curating your Instagram grid? Preview lets you arrange your posts and add professional filters to your photos, so your feed is visually consistent and on-brand.
- UNUM – similar to Preview, UNUM is a visual tool that is used to help you design and plan Instagram content.
- Google Trends – want to know what’s hot? Google will tell you what’s been searched most.
- Buffer Blog – one of the best resources we’ve found when it comes to social media marketing.
- Sprout Social Blog – ditto.
- BuzzSumo – Find what content performs best on different social channels.
- Iconosquare – The best thing that’s ever happened to analytics since Google Analytics. When it comes to managing our Facebook and Instagram stats, benchmarks and competitors, this is our number one must have program of all time.
- Google Analytics – STOP. DO NOT PASS GO until you have this installed. And then you make sure you regularly check it.
- Rebrandly – track your links and oh so much more. Brand your short links to your own domain, attach a pixel and your on your remarketing way.
- Zapier – we would never have time to sleep if it weren’t for all our zaps. Some automation is bad. This automation is epic. It will change your life.
- IFTTT – see above, not as cool but free.
- Dropbox – all of our files in one place. Enough said.
- Toggl – we keep track of a lot of time and the pomodoro is our best friend.
- Asana – It’s hard work keeping your team on track, Asana makes it a little easier.
- Harvest – A great way to keep track of how long tasks are taking you to complete.
- Google Search Console – measures your site’s organic search traffic and performance, fixes issues, and make your site shine in Google Search results. Kind of important.
- Google Tag Manager – A free tool that lets you manage and deploy marketing tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) on your website (or mobile app) without having to change any code. Also kind of important.
- Google Serp Preview Tool (By Smart Search Marketing) – A pretty handy tool to preview your Google title tag and meta description.
- META SEO inspector – A handy little Chrome extension to check not only the meta data on any webpage easily but also the heading tags, open graph data, structured data and more.
Leads leads leads
- Hubspot – yes it’s expensive, yes it’s worth it. If you’re like us and like data, this will track everything you do with your customers.
- SurveyMonkey – get the answers you want in a really easy way.
- Stripe – An easy way to receive payments. Yay!
- Google Alerts – do you even digital if you don’t have daily Alerts sent through? Make these your friend and it’s amazing how you can go from reactive to proactive.