You might think it’s difficult, but TikTok is actually incredibly easy to use.
Are you wondering how to create a TikTok? Well, you’re not alone. That’s why we’re here to walk you through every step for creating videos for the platform.
While coming up with creative ideas of what to post on TikTok might rightfully leave you scratching your head, the process of actually recording, editing, and upload is simple.
Let’s take a look, step by step, at how to create a TikTok video.
Create an account
Before you can start making the best TikTok videos the world has ever seen, you need to create an account. Fortunately, signing up is easy:
- Download the TikTok app from either Google Play or App Store.
- Tap the Profile or Notifications tab, and sign up following the steps in the app. Easy!
Before you start making videos, it’s a good idea to have a look around the platform first: check out some videos, explore the different features, and follow a few people or brands.
Note: you can sign up with a phone number and email address, so make sure you enter both correctly when signing up. You can also log in with your Google account, Facebook account, or Twitter account.
Making your first TikTok video
You don’t need to be a famous cinematographer to make great TikTok videos. TikTok is a feature-rich platform, making the process of creating, editing, and posting videos extremely easy.
Here are the steps to create a TikTok video:
- Click the “+” button. If this is your first video, you’ll need to grant TikTok access to your photos, camera, and microphone.
- Choose your timer (15 or 60 seconds)
- Set your speed, effects, filters, and templates
- Add one piece of music
- Press and hold the red button to record
- When you’re happy with your recording, press the red check in the bottom left to start editing
- Play around with the options available to add effects, change your music and more
- Select a frame of your video to be the cover image
- Post your video!
Make sure you try out a few effects to add an extra edge to your videos. TikTok offers plenty of easy-to-use features, so make sure you have a play around with what they can add to your videos.
Templates are an easy way to add some visual style to your TikTok videos.
TikTok is certainly taking the world by storm, so why not jump on board with all the hype? You might even find some valuable ways to help your brand reach a new audience. Either way, you’re sure to have a bunch of fun on the platform.