Is there a hidden meaning behind Trump’s #covfefe tweet?
The US President never fails to entertain the world on social. His recent #covfefe tweet has got the critics scratching their heads and the Twitter trolls and memes filling our feeds.
Although still not in the top 10 Trump has the fastest growing profile on Twitter, averaging 70k per day. But you’ve got to wonder if the followers are actual advocates or just wanting to be entertained.
Despite the original tweet being deleted the #covfefe jokes are still coming thick and fast. Besides, once you put something online it never really disappears, and we all like to have a chuckle at Donald.
But let’s not get sidetracked with Trumpisms, on to the real top 10!
Katy Perry has been in top position for some time now and with an average of 48k followers per day, it doesn’t look like she’s moving anywhere but forward. Could next month see her be the first to hit 100million followers?
Taylor Swift has returned after her hiatus with a single tweet on the 22nd showing her respect for the Manchester tragedy. It seems her followers have also returned, this month her profile gained rather than lost followers as it did last month.
Ellen has surpassed YouTube to take 6th position but all others have stayed the same.
The Top 10 Global Twitter users for May 2017:
1. Katy Perry (@katyperry 99, 235, 929)
2. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber 95, 739, 749)
3. Barack Obama (@barackobama 89, 275, 962)
4. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13 84, 371, 415)
5. Rihanna (@rihanna 73, 325, 993)
6. Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow 69, 109, 847)
7. YouTube (@YouTube 68, 533, 937)
8. Lady Gaga (@ladygaga 66, 817, 537)
9. Twitter (@twitter 60, 887, 207)
10. Justin Timberlake (@jtimberlake 60, 584, 342)
Now for the Aussie Twitter contingent…
The month of May was a rinse and repeat of April for the Aussies, once again there were no changes in the ranking. And despite Miranda Kerr getting married to the founder of Snapchat there was not a peep on her Twitter. No doubt the serenade by Kerr to her new husband was all over Snapchat!
Hugh Jackman took the crown for fastest growing profile out of the Aussies, a credit to his active Twitter profile. Over the month he tweeted 43 times and gained 293k new followers. He’s a man that likes to please his fans with tweets that show everything from his workout stats to places he’s travelling and food he’s eating, plus a bit of Mario Cart!
— Hugh Jackman (@RealHughJackman) May 24, 2017
The Top 10 Australian Twitter users for May 2017:
1. 5 Seconds of Summer (@5SOS ) 10, 749, 459
2. Luke Hemmings (@Luke5SOS) 8, 478, 525
3. Hugh Jackman (@RealHughJackman) 8, 504, 547
4. Cody Simpson (@CodySimpson) 7, 827, 166
5. Michael Clifford (@Michael5SOS) 7, 825, 289
6. Calum Hood (@Calum5SOS) 7, 198, 973
7. Ashton Irwin (@Ashton5SOS) 6, 435, 021
8. Miranda Kerr (@MirandaKerr) 5, 366, 222
9. Peter Andre (@MrPeterAndre) 3, 521, 181
10. Kyrie Irving (@KyrieIrving) 3, 386, 346
Latest posts by Katrina Rischbieth (see all)
- Top Instagram 10 Users // February 2018 - March 2, 2018
- Top 10 Global and Australian Twitter Users // February 2018 - March 2, 2018
- Top 10 Global and Australian Twitter Users // January 2018 - February 2, 2018