02nd January 2019
If you’re looking to spruce up your Instagram Stores, you’ve come to the right place.
Instagram Stories has been going gangbusters for some time now.
Did you know that 1 in 4 Gen Z and Millenials actively seek stories of products and services when they are thinking of buying?
And, as of June 2018, there are 400 million people watching Stories on a daily basis.
The time is now to make those Stories look as good as they can!
We’ve made a list of 7 pro tips and hacks for Instagram Stories.
“Hands-Free” Option When Recording Stories
- Open Instagram
- Swipe through the options at the bottom until you find ‘Hands-Free’
- Hit the record button
- To end recording, either hit the red button again or let the time run out
Create a Solid Colour Background
- Tap the pen icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Select a colour
- Next, tap and hold the screen for 1-3 seconds until the screen changes to a solid colour
Tag other accounts in your Stories
Looking to show some love to another account? It’s a great way to engage other users and customers.
- Tap the ‘Aa’ icon in the top right-hand corner
- Type the @ symbol, followed by their username
- Select the account you want from the tags that appear
Create Your Own Selfie Sticker
This is a cool new feature that lets you turn yourself into a sticker to be used on all your future Stories.
- Tap the sticker icon at the top of the screen
- Select the camera icon (located on the fourth row of stickers)
- Take a selfie!
- Once you like it, you can place the sticker on your Story
Zoom In and Out With One Finger
- Open Instagram
- Record a video and hold down the button
- Slide your recording finger up or down, to zoom in or out
Add Someone Else’s Post to Your Story
If you are mentioned in your friend’s story, or just like something from another user’s story, you can add it to yours.
Once you share this post, users can go directly to that post from your story.
- Go to the post that you want to share on your story
- Tap on the send icon
- From here, tap on “Add Post to Your Story” (you can also add stickers and other features like any other Story)
Blur Background (Pop-Up Card)
Make your posts look stylish by showcasing a photo in focus and blurring someone’s profile in the background.
- Go to the profile of the post you want to share
- On their feed, hold down on the photo
- Without releasing your finger, take a screenshot
- Upload screenshot to your Story.