Selena’s big news…
Social media has become a preferred way to communicate to fans for today’s celebs.
It’s not just tours and film releases either, personal affairs are also included, pregnancy, babies, engagements, break-ups… Fans love the intimacy of hearing the news straight from the horse’s mouth.
For a while now top-ranked Selena Gomez has been silent on social media and this month she explained the reason to her adoring fans. The singer announced in an Instagram post that she has been recovering after receiving a kidney transplant, and what a response she received!
Now, almost 3 weeks after it was posted, the photo has gained 9.6million likes. This is nearly as many likes as Beyonce’s baby announcement received in the same amount of time.
But, there is still a high level of fluff involved on social media. The Instagram profile’s #WeeklyFluff might just explain why they still hold fast to the number one position.
There were no changes in the positions of the top Instagram users this month, but four of the top 10 profiles received over 1 million new followers in September, including Selena Gomez. The fastest growth was Ronaldo, who gained 1.86 million new followers.
The Top 10 Instagram users for September 2017:
1. Instagram (@instagram) 226, 478, 934
2. Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) 127, 976, 538
3. Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) 114, 322, 318
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano) 112, 420, 472
5. Beyoncé (@beyonce) 107, 097, 654
6. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) 103, 869, 138
7. Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian) 103, 583, 698
8. Kylie Jenner (@kyliejenner) 98, 405, 366
9. Dwayne Johnson (@therock) 94, 185, 372
10. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) 91, 962, 879
Statistics provided by SocialBlade
Latest posts by Katrina Rischbieth (see all)
- Top 10 Instagram Users // October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Top 10 Global and Australian Twitter Users // October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- The value of authenticity - October 3, 2017