Football fever in May.
The La Liga final (Spanish professional soccer league) was at the end of May and Ronaldo’s fans were there on Insta giving him support.
After a 9 week hiatus, Taylor Swift has finally posted on Instagram. Albeit the screenshot of the current song she’s listening to from Haim wasn’t all that insightful. It seemed to have fallen on deaf ears too, with only around three-quarters of the number of interactions she usually receives on her posts.
It hasn’t done anything to help Swift’s ranking this month either. Ronaldo and Kim Kardashian both hit 1 million followers this month and although she’s got over 1million followers it was enough for her to be Swiftly relegated to 6th position.
Selena and Arian still hold on to the top two spots behind Instagram. They had an impressive average of 97k and 95k new followers per day respectively.
But it’s hard to go past our old favourite Ronaldo. What a guy. During May he had an average of 115k new followers per day, giving him a whopping total of 3.4million new followers for the month!
Oh, and well done on winning the championship!
The Top 10 Instagram users for May 2017:
1. Instagram (@instagram) 224, 074, 348
2. Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) 121, 492, 090
3. Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) 107, 715, 229
4. Beyoncé (@beyonce) 102, 786, 225
5. Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano) 102, 647, 664
6. Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) 102, 494, 607
7. Kim Kardashian (@kimkardashian) 100, 533, 346
8. Kylie Jenner (@kyliejenner) 94, 571, 350
9. Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) 87, 671, 549
10. Dwayne Johnson (@therock) 87, 734, 436
Statistics provided by SocialBlade
Latest posts by Katrina Rischbieth (see all)
- Top Instagram Users // May 2017 - June 3, 2017
- Top 10 Global & Australian Twitter Users // May 2017 - June 1, 2017
- Top Instagram Users // April 2017 - May 5, 2017