Have you checked to see how your content performs against Facebook benchmark statistics?
We’ve scoured the We are Social: Digital in 2020 report to bring you all the benchmark stats you need to be aware of in 2020.
You can find more Facebook statisitcs in our recent post – 2020 Facts and Figures // Facebook Statistics.
We’ve included a snipped of the post below:
Facebook Device Stats
- 98% of Facebook users access the app by any type of mobile device.
- 1.9% of Facebook users only access Facebook by a desktop computer.
- 19% of Facebook users access the app by both phones and computers.
- 79% of Facebook users only access the app by phone.
- 80.8% of Facebook users access Facebook on Android devices.
- 14.2% of Facebook users access Facebook on IOS devices.
- 5% of Facebook users access Facebook on other devices.
- 94% of ad revenue on Facebook is from mobile.
- Only 6% of ad revenue comes from desktop.
Facebook Activity Stats
- A “typical” user likes 13 posts in a 30-day period.
- A “typical” user comments on 5 posts in a 30-day period.
- A “typical” user shares 1 post in a 30-day period.
- A “typical” user clicks on 12 Facebook adverts in a 30-day period.
- Australia has one of the highest median monthly Facebook comments per user – 10. This is second only behind the Philippines (12)
- The average Australian user clicks on 21 Facebook adverts per month.
- 88% of Facebook users claim to be on the app to keep in contact with family and friends.
- The highest traffic occurs on Wednesday and Thursday at midday.
- There are 300 million active users for Facebook Stories.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched with no sound!
- Facebook users are four times more likely to watch a live video compared to a recorded video.
- Square videos get a whopping 35% more views than landscape videos.
- Only 16.6% of posts on Facebook are video. Facebook has admitted to prioritizing video on the platform, yet the majority of people are not taking advantage of this.
Feel the need for more stats?
Here are some of our previous posts: