This is it. The ultimate list of Linkedin Statistics that you need to know in 2022.
Whether you’re looking for work, looking for staff, or simply trying to expand your professional network, LinkedIn is the place to be.
But how many people use the social media platform? Is it really social media? And why exactly should you be on it?
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
From global reports such as the Digital Report to more localised Australian sources, we regularly update this page with the latest news we can find.
Here we go…
- As of April 2022, LinkedIn has 830 million users worldwide.
- LinkedIn user statistics from 2022 indicate that the platform is most popular in the USA.
- Globally, 13.2% more men than women used LinkedIn in 2022.
- According to 2022 LinkedIn demographics, close to two-thirds of users are aged 25-34 years.
- Every week, 49 million individuals worldwide use LI’s online job boards to look for work as of 2022.
- As of April 2022, 12.7 million Aussies have LinkedIn profiles.
- Users spent an average of around 11 minutes on LinkedIn in Australia in July 2021.
- At 57.3%, 25-34-year-olds were the largest age group of Aussie LinkedIn users in January 2022.
- The cost of advertising on LI is the highest among the major social networking services.
- Fortune 500 companies love LinkedIn, it’s the most popular social media platform for these companies to use!
- Microsoft purchased LinkedIn for $26.2 billion in 2016.
- 87 million millennials are on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has 63 million unique mobile visitors each month.
- If your profile has photos you will get 21x more views than without.
- LinkedIn SlideShare has 70 million monthly active users.
- SlideShare has more than 18 million pieces of content uploaded.
- LinkedIn users are 20x more likely to share a video on the platform than any other type of post.
- Posts on LinkedIn that contain images have a 98% better comment rate, and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate.
- Only 3 million users share content weekly on LinkedIn.
- Only 1 million users have published an article on LinkedIn.
- Long-form content is really popular on LinkedIn and gets the most shares out of any content.
- The platform currently has over 830 million registered users.
- 90 million of these users are senior-level influencers, and 63 million are in decision-making positions.
- LinkedIn has proven to be an effective platform for lead generation and customer acquisition. In fact, it’s 277% more effective than Facebook in generating leads.
- 45% of marketers have also gained customers through the platform.
- 65% of B2B companies have used LinkedIn paid ads to acquire customers.
- 95% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic content marketing, making it the top-rated social media platform.
- It’s also the top-rated paid social media platform, with 76% of B2B content marketers using it.
- LinkedIn lasts 6:07 minutes. During this time, users visit approximately 6.17 pages.
- The average user spends 17 minutes on LinkedIn each month.
- LinkedIn is Australia’s 10th most popular social media platform.
- There were 12.7 million Linkedin users in Australia in April 2022, which accounted for 48.7% of its entire population.
- The largest user group based on age was 25 to 35 years old.
- LinkedIn Ads have the potential to reach as many as 13 million users in Australia.
- Australian users spend an average of 11 minutes per day on LinkedIn.
- The United States of America has at least 180.0 million LinkedIn registered “members”
- 37% of US adults are on LinkedIn.
- 24% of females are on LinkedIn
- 29%% of males are on LinkedIn
- Percentage of users on LinkedIn
- 18 – 29 (28%)
- 30 – 49 (37%)
- 50 – 64 (24%)
- 65+ (11%)
- Locations of users on LinkedIn
- Urban – 33%
- Suburban – 30%
- Rural – 10%
- LinkedIn reports that 828.1 million can be reached with LinkedIn adverts. The quarter-on-quarter ad reach grew by 2.3% (18 million)
- Marketers can reach 14.6%of people aged 18 years or older with adverts on LinkedIn.
- 43.2% of LinkedIn ads audience is female.
- 56.8% of LinkedIn ads audience is male.
LinkedIn Advertising Audience Stats
- 18 – 24 years old
- Female – 8.6%
- Male – 10.6%
- 25 – 34 years old
- Female – 25.8%
- Male – 33.3%
- 35 – 54 years old
- Female – 7.7%
- Male – 10.9%
- 55+ years old
- Female – 1.0%
- Male – 2.0%
- USA – 190 million
- India – 87 million
- Brazil – 54 million
- China – 50 million
- UK – 33 million
- France – 24 million
- Indonesia – 21 million
- Canada – 20 million
- Mexico – 18 million
- Italy – 16 million
Australia is ranked 12th with a reach of 13 million.
Australia is ranked 4th with the highest potential advertising reach compared to the population with 65.1%.
Feel the need for more stats?
Looking for some platform-specific stats? We got you.