This is it. The ultimate list of Linkedin Statistics that you need to know in 2022.
Whether you’re looking for work, looking for staff, or simply trying to expand your professional network, LinkedIn is the place to be.
But how many people use the social media platform? Is it really social media? And why exactly should you be on it?
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
Here we go…
- Fortune 500 companies love LinkedIn, it's the most popular social media platform for these companies to use!
- Microsoft purchased LinkedIn for $26.2 billion in 2016.
- 87 million millennial's are on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has 63 million unique mobile visitors each month.
- If your profile has photos you will get 21x more views than without.
- LinkedIn SlideShare has 70 million monthly active users.
- SlideShare has more than 18 million pieces of content uploaded.
- LinkedIn users are 20x more likely to share a video on the platform than any other type of post.
- Posts on LinkedIn that contain images have a 98% better comment rate, and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate.
- Only 3 million users share content weekly on LinkedIn.
- Only 1 million users have published an article on LinkedIn.
- Long-form content is really popular on LinkedIn and gets the most shares out of any content.
- The platform currently has over 660 million registered users, with 303 million of them being active on a monthly basis.
- 90 million of these users are senior-level influencers, and 63 million are in decision-making positions.
- LinkedIn has proven to be an effective platform for lead generation and customer acquisition. In fact, it’s 277% more effective than Facebook in generating leads.
- 45% of marketers have also gained customers through the platform.
- 65% of B2B companies have used LinkedIn paid ads to acquire customers.
- 95% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic content marketing, making it the top-rated social media platform.
- It’s also the top-rated paid social media platform, with 76% of B2B content marketers using it.
- LinkedIn lasts 6:07 minutes. During this time, users visit approximately 6.17 pages.
- The average user spends 17 minutes on LinkedIn each month.
- LinkedIn reports that 727 million can be reached with LinkedIn adverts. In the July to September 2020 quarter, reach grew by 3.5% (25 million)
- Marketers can reach 13% of people aged 18 years or older with adverts on LinkedIn.
- 43% of LinkedIn ads audience is female.
- 57% of LinkedIn ads audience is male.
LinkedIn Advertising Audience Stats
- 18 - 24 years old
- Female - 8.4%
- Male - 10.8%
- 25 - 34 years old
- Female - 25.8%
- Male - 34.3%
- 35 - 54 years old
- Female - 7.2%
- Male - 10.3%
- 55+ years old
- Female - 1.1%
- Male - 2.1%
- USA - 170 million
- India - 71 million
- China - 50 million
- Brazil - 45 million
- UK - 30 million
- France - 21 million
- Canada - 18 million
- Indonesia - 17 million
- Mexico - 16 million
- Italy - 15 million
Australia is ranked 12th with a reach of 12 million.
Australia is ranked 4th with the highest potential advertising reach compared to population with 60.7%.
Feel the need for more stats?
Looking for some platform-specific stats? We got you.