Looking for 2022 Facebook statistics?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. There’s no denying that Facebook is a beast and its growth continues. But just what statistics should you be focusing on in 2022?
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
From global reports such as the Digital Report to more localised Australian sources, we regularly update this page with the latest news we can find.
Here we go, the giant list of all the current Facebook statistics we could find…
- As of April 2022, Facebook has 2.91 billion monthly active users.
- Facebook is the 3rd most visited website in the world. It’s second only behind Google and YouTube.
- The app is the 5th most downloaded free app in the app store.
- Facebook Messenger is the fourth most downloaded app in the app store.
- In 2022, Facebook is 18 years old.
- The highest traffic occurs on Wednesday and Thursday at midday.
- 88% of Facebook users are on the platform to stay in contact with friends and family
- Facebook Stories has 300 million active users daily
- In 2022, Facebook will remain the most popular social media platform in Australia.
- 27.2% of Australians aged 16-64 say Facebook is their favourite social media platform.
- Facebook Messenger is Australia’s second-most-popular social media app.
- Australian users spend 17.6 hours per month on Facebook.
- Facebook is still huge for advertisers, with 65.03% of link clicks to third-party sites from social media coming from Facebook.
- In Australia, Facebook ads have a potential reach of 15 million people.
- 97.6% of Australian users access Facebook via any mobile phone.
- Only 2.4% of Australian users access Facebook from laptops or desktop computers only.
- 37.4% of Australian Facebook users use both mobile phones and computers.
- 60.3% of Australian Facebook users only access the platform via mobile devices.
Facebook Demographics (US)
- 75% of females are on Facebook
- 63% of males are on Facebook
- Percentage of users on Facebook
- 13 – 17 (51%)
- 18 – 29 (79%)
- 30 – 49 (79%)
- 50 – 64 (68%)
- 65+ (46%)
- Locations of users on Facebook
- Urban – 73%
- Suburban – 69%
- Rural – 66%
- In April 2022, Facebook reports that 2.14 billion people can be reached through ads. Quarter-on-quarter reach grew by 0.5% (15 million).
- Facebook claims to be able to reach 15 million users in Australia with their ads.
- Facebook can reach 47.1% of the population aged 13 years or older through ads in Australia.
- 43.4% of Facebook’s ad audience is female and 56.6% is male.
- The top 5 countries with the greatest advertising reach are; India, the USA, Indonesia, Brazil, and Mexico. Australia didn’t make the top 20.
- The average cost per click for any Facebook ad is $1.72
- Facebook’s global advertising audience can reach 18.4% of males aged between 25-34.
- Facebook’s global advertising audience can reach 12.6% of females aged between 25-34.
- 98.5% of Facebook users access the app by any type of mobile device.
- 81.8% of Facebook users only access the app by phone.
- 1.5% of Facebook users only access Facebook by a desktop computer.
- 16.7% of Facebook users access the app by both phones and computers.
- 80.5% of mobile Facebook users use Android phones, only 14.3% are iOS users.
- 1.3 billion people use Facebook Messenger.
- Over 1.8 billion Facebook users have joined Groups.
- 94% of ad revenue on Facebook is from mobile.
- A “typical” user likes 11 posts in a 30-day period. In Australia, the number is 13.
- A “typical” user comments on eight posts in a 30-day period.
- A “typical” user shares one post in a 30-day period.
- A “typical” user clicks on 22 Facebook ads in a 30-day period. In Australia, the number is 21.
- Australia has one of the highest median monthly Facebook comments per user – eight.
The following stats are from Media Kix:
- Video now accounts for almost half of all time spent on Facebook.
- The average watch time for videos on Facebook is 10 seconds.
- Facebook has nearly 2 billion daily active users.
- Facebook Live videos produce 6 times as many interactions as traditional videos.
- 1 out of 5 Facebook videos is a Live video.
- 47% of total ad recall happens in the first 3 seconds of a video ad.
- 1.25 billion people visit Facebook Watch monthly.
- 85% of videos are played without sound.
- Over 60% of video revenue now comes from mobile-first video.
- Vertical video is the leading Facebook video format.
- The average view-through rate for Facebook ads is 30%.
- Branded Facebook videos earn on average a 13% organic reach and 6% engagement rate.
- 8 billion video views happen daily through Facebook video.
- Advertisers could reach 999.8 million users on Facebook Messenger in April 2022,(a) placing it 7th in our ranking of the world’s most ‘active’ social media platforms.
- The latest figures indicate that roughly 12.6% of all the people on Earth use Facebook Messenger today.
- Messenger’s potential advertising reach of the population aged 13+ is 16.1%
- As of April 2022, 44.5% of Facebook Messenger’s global users are female
- As of April 2022, 55.5% of Facebook Messenger’s global users are male
Engagement v Reach
- The average engagement rate for any kind of Facebook posts is 0.06%
- The average engagement rate for video posts is 0.07%
- The average engagement rate for image posts is 0.10%
- The average engagement rate for Facebook link page posts is 0.03%
- The average engagement rate for Facebook page status posts is 0.10%
Feel the need for more stats?
Looking for some platform-specific stats? We got you.