This is it. The ultimate list of YouTube Statistics that you need to know in 2022.
If you’re creating video content, you need to be on YouTube. It’s the world’s biggest video sharing site for a reason.
As a content creator, you should be keeping a keen eye on the YouTube statistics you need to know in 2022.
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
From global reports such as the Digital Report to more localised Australian sources, we regularly update this page with the latest news we can find.
Here we go…
- In April 2022, YouTube has a potential ad reach of 2.56 billion
- 15% of YouTube’s site traffic comes from America.
- 500 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- The average user is on YouTube for 11 minutes and 24 seconds each day.
- A whopping 70% of what users watch is suggested by the YouTube algorithm.
- Mobile accounts for more than 70% of YouTube views.
- On average, each visit to YouTube involves 6.5 web pages.
- In 2020, YouTube is expected to make $5.5 billion dollars in ad revenue – this is only for America!
- Ryan Kaji is the highest earning YouTube user at only eight years old! He made $26 million between 2018 and 2019.
- 78.8% of marketers say that YouTube is the most effective video marketing platform.
- A significant 69% of marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube video
- YouTube has 2 billion logged in users each month.
- 33% of the global population aged 13 years or more log in to YouTube each month.
- 1 billion hours are watched on YouTube each day!
- 44% of users are female and 56% are male.
- In 2022, Australians are spending 17.1 hours per month on YouTube.
- In Australia, YouTube is closing in on $2 billion in ad revenue.
- One in every two Australians use YouTube.
- 2.35% of Australian social media web traffic referrals come from YouTube.
- In Australia, YouTube ads have a potential reach of 21.3 million people.
- The top search on YouTube in Australia last year was simply ‘song’.
Feel the need for more stats?
Looking for some platform-specific stats? We got you.
Here are some of our other YouTube posts: