This is it. The ultimate list of YouTube Statistics that you need to know in 2021.
If you’re creating video content, you need to be on YouTube. It’s the world’s biggest video sharing site for a reason.
As a content creator, you should be keeping a keen eye on the YouTube statistics you need to know in 2021.
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
From the global reports such as the Digital Report, to more localised Australian sources such as the Yellow Report, we regularly update this page with the latest news we can find.
Here we go…
- 15% of YouTube's site traffic comes from America.
- 500 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- The average user is on YouTube for 11 minutes and 24 seconds each day.
- A whopping 70% of what users watch is suggested by the YouTube algorithm.
- Mobile accounts for more than 70% of YouTube views.
- On average, each visit to YouTube involves 6.5 web pages.
- In 2020, YouTube is expected to make $5.5 billion dollars in ad revenue - this is only for America!
- Ryan Kaji is the highest earning YouTube user at only eight years old! He made $26 million between 2018 and 2019.
- 78.8% of marketers say that YouTube is the most effective video marketing platform.
- A significant 69% of marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube video
- YouTube has 2 billion logged in users each month.
- 33% of the global population aged 13 years or more log in to YouTube each month.
- 1 billion hours are watched on YouTube each day!
- 44% of users are female and 56% are male.
- Pinkfong! Kids’ Songs & Stories - Baby Shark Dance (7,619,000,000)
- Luis Fonsi Feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito (7,148,000,000)
- Ed Sheeran - Shape of you (5,139,000,000)
- Whiz Khalifa Feat. Charlie Puth - See you again (4,904,000,000)
- LooLoo Kids - Johny Johny Yes Papa (4,537,000,000)
- Get Movies - Masha & The Bear [Episode 17] - Recipe for disaster (4,393,000,000)
- Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown funk (4,060,000)
- PSY - Gangnam style (3,923,000,000)
- Miroshka TV - Learning Colors - Colorful Eggs on a Farm (3,659,000,000)
- Cocomelon - Nursery Rhymes - Bath Song (3,497,000,000)
Feel the need for more stats?
Looking for some platform-specific stats? We got you.
Here are some of our other YouTube posts: