Looking for 2020 Facebook statistics?
There’s no denying that Facebook is a beast and it’s growth continues.
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
Here we go, the giant list of all the current Facebook statistics we could find…
- 1.62 billion users visit Facebook daily.
- Facebook is the 3rd most visited website in the world. It's second only behind Google and YouTube.
- The app is the 5th most downloaded app in the app store.
- Facebook Messenger is the third most downloaded app in the app store.
- In 2020, Facebook is 16 years old
- The highest traffic occurs on Wednesday and Thursday at midday.
- One in ten marketers indicated they'll be decreasing their organic marketing on Facebook.
- Only 50% of marketers plan on increasing their Facebook organic activities, down from 62% 2 years ago.
- Facebook Live is the leading live video platform used by 38% of marketers.
- 88% of Facebook users are on the platform to stay in contact with friends and family
- Highest traffic occurs mid-day Wednesday and Thursday
- Facebook Stories has 300 million active users daily
- 53% of adults on Facebook don’t understand how their newsfeed displays posts
- There are 300 million active users for Facebook Stories.
- Users 65 years and older are the fastest-growing group on Facebook
- In 2015, 71% of teens were active on Facebook. Currently, only 51% of American teenagers between 13 and 17 years old, use Facebook.
- 74% of Facebook users are high-income earners
Facebook Demographics (US)
- 75% of females are on Facebook
- 63% of males are on Facebook
- Percentage of users on Facebook
- 13 - 17 (51%)
- 18 - 29 (79%)
- 30 - 49 (79%)
- 50 - 64 (68%)
- 65+ (46%)
- Locations of users on Facebook
- Urban - 73%
- Suburban - 69%
- Rural - 66%
Countries with highest number of Facebook users as of Jan 2020
- Only 10% of Facebook users live in the US or Canada
- Asian-Pacific users comprise nearly 41.3% of monthly active users (MAU) on Facebook
- The average cost per click for any Facebook ad is $1.72
- The average price for Facebook Ads decreased 6% in 2019
- Facebook reports that 1.95 billion people can be reached through ads.
- Facebook can reach 32% of the population aged 13 years or older through ads.
- 44% of Facebook's ad audience is female.
- 56% of Facebook's ad audience is male.
- Overall, women are significantly more likely to click or tap on Facebook adverts compared to men, while people between the ages of 35 and 65 also show greater propensity to engage with commercial messages on the platform.
- The top 5 countries with the greatest advertising reach are; India, USA, Indonesia, Brazil, and Mexico. Australia didn't make the top 20.
- Just over 48% of Facebook Ad revenue comes from the United States and Canada alone.
- Facebook's global advertising audience can reach 19% of males aged between 25-34.
- Facebook's global advertising audience can reach 13% of females aged between 25-34.
- 56.4% of Facebook's advertisement audience speak English.
- The average Australian user clicks on 21 Facebook adverts per month.
- 58% of marketers plan on increasing their use of Facebook ads over the next 12 months
- 94% of Facebook Ad revenue is from mobile
- Overall Facebook Ad impressions increased 37% in 2019
- 98% of Facebook users access the app by any type of mobile device.
- 1.9% of Facebook users only access Facebook by a desktop computer.
- 19% of Facebook users access the app by both phones and computers.
- 79% of Facebook users only access the app by phone.
- 80.8% of Facebook users access Facebook on Android devices.
- 14.2% of Facebook users access Facebook on IOS devices.
- 5% of Facebook users access Facebook on other devices.
- 94% of ad revenue on Facebook is from mobile.
- Only 6% of ad revenue comes from desktop.
- A "typical" user likes 12 posts in a 30-day period.
- A "typical" user comments on 6 posts in a 30-day period.
- A "typical" user shares 1 post in a 30-day period.
- A "typical" user clicks on 13 Facebook adverts in a 30-day period.
- Australia has one of the highest median monthly Facebook comments per user - 10. This is second only behind the Philippines (12)
- 88% of Facebook users claim to be on the app to keep in contact with family and friends.
- Last year, an eMarkteter study found that daily social media use was decreasing. Facebook use, specifically among US users 18 and up, decreased by nearly 2% compared to previous years. In 2020, they forecast that the average daily time will essentially remain the same.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched with no sound!
- Facebook users are four times more likely to watch a live video compared to a recorded video.
- Square videos get a whopping 35% more views than landscape videos.
- Only 16.6% of posts on Facebook are video. Facebook has admitted to prioritizing video on the platform, yet the majority of people are not taking advantage of this.
- Mobile-friendly video generates higher engagement.
- The average Facebook page has a 0.12% increase in page likes.
- The average post reach vs page likes is 7.01%
- The average organic reach vs page likes is 5.17%
- 26.9% of pages are using paid media.
Engagement v Reach
- The average paid reach vs total reach is 28.1%
- The worldwide average organic reach of posts vs the number of page likes is 5.2%
- The Australian average organic reach of posts vs the number of page likes is 7.6%
- The average engagement rate for any kind of Facebook posts is 3.41%
- The average engagement rate for video posts is 6.15%
- The average engagement rate for image posts is 4.48%
- The average engagement rate for Facebook link page posts is 2.69%
- The average engagement rate for Facebook page status posts is 1.38%
- Pages with less than 10,000 fans perform better than pages with more than 10,000 fans:
- Pages with less than 10k fans have an average organic engagement of post reach vs page likes of 4.62%
- Pages with less than 10k fans have an average engagement rate of Facebook posts of 8.21%
- Pages with more than 10k fans have an average organic engagement of post reach vs page likes of 2.34%
- Pages with more than 10k fans have an average organic engagement of post reach vs page likes of 2.19%
Feel the need for more stats?
Looking for some platform specific stats? We got you.
Here are some of our previous posts about Facebook stats:
- 50 Stats For Facebook In 2019
- Facebook by numbers: 30 Interesting Stats
- Facebook Benchmark Statistics [VIDEO]