The professional social network site, LinkedIn, continues to grow in today’s ever-changing digital media landscape.
With more than 575 million users worldwide, the network provides an opportunity to develop strong business connections with a large number of people.
To better understand this social media giant, we’re bringing you all the stats you need to know about LinkedIn in 2019.
- There are more than 575 million LinkedIn users worldwide.
- There are more than 9 million LinkedIn users in Australia.
- 29% of US internet users are on LinkedIn.
- 260 million LinkedIn users log in each month. This is up from 106 million each month in 2016.
- 40% of the monthly active users are using LinkedIn every day. That’s approximately 100 million people you could be connecting with each day.
- LinkedIn is aiming for 3 billion users and wants to be the home for working professionals across the world.
- 61 million LinkedIn users are senior level influencers.
- 40 million LinkedIn users are in decision-making positions.
- LinkedIn is the most popular social media platform for Fortune 500 companies.
- Microsoft purchased LinkedIn for the small fee of $25 billion in 2016. They clearly see the huge potential in the company.
- 87 million millennials are on LinkedIn.
- 11 million millennials on LinkedIn are in decision-making jobs.
- Mobile is huge for LinkedIn. They currently have 63 million unique mobile users monthly.
- 44% of LinkedIn users are women.
- There are more than 39 million students and recent graduates on LinkedIn.
- 41% of millionaires use LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn currently has more than 15 million active job listings.
- More than 122 million LinkedIn users have got a job interview from their profile.
- More than 20 million companies are listed on LinkedIn.
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content.
- 91% of marketing executives say that when it comes to finding quality content, LinkedIn is the best.
- The LinkedIn feed has approximately 9 billion content impressions each week.
- 3 million people share content weekly. This is very low for the 500 million-plus LinkedIn users.
- LinkedIn is responsible for more than 50% of all social traffic to B2B blogs and websites.
- Only 1 million users have ever published an article on LinkedIn. This works out to be only 0.2% of all users!
- Articles between 1700 – 2100 words receive the most shares.
- ‘How-to’ posts get 2x as many views as question posts. Keep this in mind when creating your content.
- Only 6% of the most shared articles of the last five years were written by LinkedIn Influencers.
- Titles between 40 – 49 characters are the best performing on LinkedIn.
- Articles with 8 images perform the best.
- Articles with 0 videos perform better than articles with video.
- LinkedIn has a domain authority of 100. Because of this, articles you publish on LinkedIn are likely to be ranked better over similar native content ranking for the same keywords.
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos on LinkedIn with coworkers weekly.
- 59% of senior executives would prefer to watch the video if both text and video are on the same page.
- LinkedIn SlideShare has 18 million pieces of content uploaded.
B2B Marketing Stats
- 59% of B2B marketers say LinkedIn is effective at generating leads for their brand.
- 71% of B2B marketers include LinkedIn as part of their advertising strategy.
- 38% of B2B marketers say that LinkedIn generated revenue for their business.
- HubSpot found that LinkedIn generates three times more conversions than Twitter and Facebook.
- 655 of B2B companies have gained a customer by using LinkedIn.
- Of all the posts that convert to leads, the average length of the post is 248 characters.
- 1 out of every 3 LinkedIn group posts that converted had a question mark in the subject line.
Some Fun Facts
- At the end of the 1Q 2018, LinkedIn generated 976 million in revenue.
- At the end of the 2Q 2018, LinkedIn generated 1.3 billion in revenue.
- The places with the most LinkedIn users are US, India, Brazil, Great Britain and Canada.
- LinkedIn profiles with professional profile pictures get 14 times more profile views!
- 35.5 million people have been hired by someone they connected with on LinkedIn.
- The average CEO on LinkedIn has 930 connections.
- More than 90% of recruitment agencies use LinkedIn.
- The average user spends 17 minutes per month on LinkedIn.
New to LinkedIn? If so, we have a long list of LinkedIn resources that will help you get started.
Are you aware of any info about LinkedIn that we’ve missed? Please let us know in the comments below!