14th June 2019
Pinterest always seems to be the forgotten child when compared to Facebook or Instagram!
But the platform continues to grow and is fast becoming one of the best discovery tools for users to make a purchase. Because of this, we’ve compiled 25 Pinterest Statistics that every marketer should know in 2019!
We know you love some juicy stats, so buckle in and get your learn on!
- Pinterest has 265 million monthly active users.
- Pinterest added more US users in 2017-2018 than Facebook and Twitter combined.
- Pinterest drives 33% more traffic to shopping sites than Facebook.
- 50% of new Pinterest sign-ups in 2018 were men.
- 80% of new Pinterest sign-ups in 2017-2018 were from outside the US.
- 98% of Pinners try out the ideas they discover on the platform.
- Two-thirds of Pinterest pins represent brands and products.
- Advertising on Pinterest earns a $2 profit for every $1 spent.
- 79.5% of Pinterest users are female.
- The male audience share has also increased over time from 14% in 2013 to 20.5% in 2019.
- 52% use their platform to develop their knowledge of great food and drinks.
- 70% use Pinterest to find accessories, watches and jewelry.
- 52% of Pinterest users spent $500 or more on beauty products for over six months.
- 50% of millennials use Pinterest every month.
- Data published in January last year found that 27% of global marketers are already using Pinterest for promotion.
- 80% of Pinterest users access the channel via mobile.
- The average time spent on Pinterest is 14.2 minutes.
- By 2020, Pinterest ad revenue is projected to surpass $1 billion.
- 85 percent of women users use Pinterest to plan “life moments” (new home, holiday, gym routine).
- Visual searches on Pinterest have more than doubled in one year.
- 78 percent of users say content from brands on Pinterest is useful.
- 83% of people said they’d rather follow their favorite brand than their favorite celebrity on the platform.
- There is more than 3 billion Pinterest boards.
- Every day, nearly 2M people pin products that have rich pins.
- Joy Cho has the most followers on Pinterest–13M.
To build up your social media marketing skills further, check out our social media marketing masterclasses in Perth and our online training webinars.
Latest posts by Sean Huxley (see all)
- Facebook Creator Studio // Publish and Schedule Posts to Instagram - September 17, 2019
- The #SMPerth Membership is Here [VIDEO] - September 7, 2019
- How to Create a Facebook Event Frame, Instagram Event Geotag, and Snapchat Event Filter - August 27, 2019