28th February 2020
This is it. The ultimate list of YouTube Statistics that you need to know in 2020.
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
Here we go…
- 15% of YouTube's site traffic comes from America.
- 500 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- The average user is on YouTube for 11 minutes and 24 seconds each day.
- A whopping 70% of what users watch is suggested by the YouTube algorithm.
- Mobile accounts for more than 70% of YouTube views.
- On average, each visit to YouTube involves 6.5 web pages.
- In 2020, YouTube is expected to make $5.5 billion dollars in ad revenue - this is only for America!
- Video generates more engagement than any other content type on Instagram.
- Ryan Kaji is the highest earning YouTube user at only 8 years old! He made $26 million between 2018 and 2019.
- 78.8% of marketers say that YouTube is the most effective video marketing platform.
- A significant 69% of marketers plan on increasing their use of YouTube video
- YouTube has 2 billion logged in users each month.
- 33% of the global population aged 13 years or more log in to YouTube each month.
- 1 billion hours are watched on YouTube each day!
- Luis Fonsi Feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito (6,950,000,000)
- Ed Sheeran - Shape of you (4,550,000,000)
- Whiz Khalifa Feat. Charlie Puth - See you again (4,350,000,000)
- Pink Fong! Kids Songs and Stories - Baby shark dance (4,290,000,000)
- Get Movies - Masha & The Bear [Episode 17] - Recipe for disaster (4,210,000,000)
- Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown funk (3,750,000)
- PSY - Gangnam style (3,480,000,000)
- Justin Bieber - Sorry (3,230,000,000)
- Maroon 5 - Sugar (3,100,000,000)
- Katy Perry - Roar (2,980,000,000)
Feel the need for more stats?
Be sure to check out the video version of this post.
Looking for some platform specific stats? We got you.
Here are some of our other YouTube posts: