Looking for up to date Social Media Stats? Check out our 2020 Facts & Figures.
Who doesn’t love some juicy social media statistics?
It seems like every day numbers are climbing, behaviour is changing and new patterns emerge.
We’ve scoured the web to bring you 35 new stats about social media that you’re going to want to know!
- Facebook has approximately 8 billion daily video views from 500 million users
- The average person spends 35 minutes per day on Facebook
- The average user has 155 Facebook friends
- There are approximately 270 million fake Facebook profiles
- Facebook adds a whopping 6 new profiles every second (500,000 accounts every day)
- Businesses LOVE Facebook – there’s 60 million active Facebook Business Pages
- There’s approximately 1.3 billion Twitter accounts, with 326 million monthly active users
- The average Twitter uses has 707 followers, but 391 million accounts have zero followers
- 6,000 Tweets are fired off every second – That’s 500 million Tweets every day
- It took approximately 1,158 days (3 years, 2 months and 1 day) for Twitter to go from its first Tweet to its billionth
- Engaging with customers is a must on Twitter – 77% of users feel better about a brand when their Tweet is replied to
- Every minute 300 hours of video content is uploaded to YouTube
- 1 billion hours of video is watched daily on YouTube
- Luis Fonsi’s song Despacito has the most YouTube views with 6.1 billion views
- YouTube has 1.9 billion monthly logged in users
- In a typical month, 80% of 18-49 year-olds will access YouTube
- YouTube can be accessed in 80 different languages, accounting for 95% of the worlds’ internet population
- Instagram has 95 million photos uploaded every day
- The average user is on the social media platform for approximately 15 minutes each day
- 90% of users on Instagram are under the age of 35
- Pizza is king! It remains the most Instagrammed food, followed by sushi and steak
- The most liked Image on Instagram is of an egg with 53.3 million likes
- It’s predicted that Instagram’s ad revenue will reach 10 billion by the end of 2019
- 8% of Instagram accounts are fake
- 30% of Instagram accounts are inactive
- 60% of Instagram users find new products on the social media site
- Instagram users engage with brands 10 x more than on Facebook
- Including another handle in your post gives approximately 56% greater engagement
- Posts that include a location gain 79% more engagement
- The best time to pin is Saturday night between 8 – 11 pm
- 67% of Pinterest users areÂ under 40-years-old
- There are 200 million active monthly users on Pinterest
- Snapchat has 187 million active monthly users
- 60% of Snapchat users are under 25
- The average Snapchat user is on the platform for 25 minutes each day
Be sure to check out the video version of this post!
What statistic surprises you the most? We would love to hear from you in the comments!