Creatives like stats too.
Time and time again we are being told that content marketing is the way forward and visuals are playing a key role in strategies.
Here’s some recent research which shows the importance of visual content…
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
- 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco)
- 46.1% of people say a website’s design is the number one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company. (Source: Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab)
- Publishers who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t. (Source: AnsonAlex)
- Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts. (Source: SEOmoz)
- Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content — photos and videos — saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured)
- On Facebook, photos perform best for likes, comments, and shares as compared to text, video, and links. (Source: Dan Zarrella)
- 37% of Pinterest account holders log in a few times every week; 28% said they log in a few times a month; 15% log in once daily; 10% log in numerous times a day. (Source: PriceGrabber)
- 98% of people surveyed with a Pinterest account said they also have a Facebook and/or Twitter account (Source: PriceGrabber)
- Pinterest generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined. (Source: Shareaholic)
- Pinterest drives sales directly from its website — of people with Pinterest accounts, 21% have purchased an item after seeing it on Pinterest. (Source: PriceGrabber)
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. (Sources: comScore and Nielsen)
- Over 60 hours of videos are uploaded each minute on YouTube.com. (Source: YouTube)
- 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute. (Source: YouTube)
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Mobile video viewing increased 35% from 2010 to 2011. (Source: Nielsen)
- Mobile video subscription is expected to hit $16 billion in revenue by 2014, with over 500 million subscribers. (Source: Ooyala)
- Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (Source:Internet Retailer)
Feel the need for more statistics?
Looking for some platform specific stats? We got you.