Looking for up to date Snapchat Stats? Check out our 2020 Facts & Figures.
A relative new comer to the social scene Snapchat has taken the world by storm.
Despite being their younger cousin, Snapchat has grown to be larger than both Twitter and Pinterest.
Being younger also has its advantages. Snapchat has a 72% adoption rate amongst 12-24 year olds making it the most widely adopted platform by younger generations. Snapchat is seen as a valuable place for marketers wanting to reach millennials and influence them in years to come.
To celebrate Snapchat co-founder and CEO, Evan Spiegel’s recent marriage to our very own Miranda Kerr, we present you with all the juicy stats that you need to know about Snapchat. After all, it is half Australian now, isn’t it?!?!
Here’s our super awesome compilation of Snapchat stats for marketers:
- There are over 300 million monthly active Snapchat users (January 2017)
- In 2013 there were 5 million daily users, it has now risen to 166 million
- Over 70% of Snapchat users are millennials
- 40% of Australians surveyed have used Snapchat in the past year (June 2017)
- 71% of Snapchat users are under 34
- and 45% are aged between 18-24
- Around 70% of Snapchat users are female
- Snapchat is the 3rd most popular social platform amongst 18-29yr old Australians
- 400 million snaps are sent every day
- 9000 snaps are shared every second
- 60% of daily users contribute content
- 37% of Australians surveyed have published content using the stories function on Snapchat
- More than 10 billion videos are viewed in a day
- Vertical video is watched 9x more than horizontal video
- 55% of Snapchat users follow one or more brands
- About 50% of global brands are on Snapchat
- Coverage by Rio 2016’s Snapchat was watched by 49 million users
- In a 2016 survey, 22% of advertisers planned to advertise on Snapchat for the first time
- In December 2016 the NFL became Snapchat’s first sports partner
- Over 90% of brands using Snap Ads experienced an increase in sales
- Ad revenue is expected to reach around $1billion in 2017
- A Geofilter is seen by 40-60% of daily Snapchatters
- Gatorade made use of Sponsored Lenses and reached 165 million views
- Sponsored selfie filters are estimated to reach up to 16million viewers a day
- Ads are seen between 500k and 1 million times per day
- 54% of people with a Snapchat profile log in every day
- On average users spend 25-30minutes a day on the app
- More than half of Snapchat users in Australia will spend 30 minutes or more on the platform, per session
- Australian Snapchat users, on average, will access the platform 41.7 times per week
- 69% of students (US college) would open a Snap from a brand
- Over 50% of users will open a brand story
- There’s been a 400% increase in daily video views year on year