21st April 2020
According to the stats, TikTok is showing no signs of slowing down.
Since TikTok’s launch in 2018, it’s growth has been explosive, especially among teenagers.
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources. This is it. The ultimate list of TikTok Statistics that you need to know in 2020.
Here we go…
General TikTok Stats
- Musical.ly counted 100 million users at time of August 2018 merger with TikTok
- TikTok is the sixth largest social network
- TikTok was the 5th most downloaded app of 2019, and is trending as the #1 downloaded app of 2020.
- TikTok was Australia’s 16th most visited social platform in 2019
- The platform has approximately 800 million monthly active users worldwide
- The app has been downloaded more than 1.5 billion times worldwide
- 68 billion hours were spent on Tik Tok in 2019 worldwide
- The average user spends 52 minutes each day on the app
- The average user opens the app 8 times a day
- 83% of all TikTok users have posted at least one video
- Tik Tok’s Q4 2019 revenue grew by more than 300%
- In the last year, more than 1 billion videos have been viewed every day on the app
- 64% of Tik Tok users have tried face filters or lenses
- Some 35% of TikTok users have participated in a hashtag challenge
- The #RainbowChallenge has more than 978 million views on TikTok
- There are more than 5 million #InMyFeelings challenge videos on the app, compared to Instagram’s 1.7 million videos.
- The average engagement rate on the app is 29%
- TikTok gained 188 million new users in the first quarter of 2019
- Only 5% of marketers are using TikTok.
- A significant 74% of marketers do not plan on using the platform in the next year; however, 30% are interested in learning more about TikTok.
- TikTok Vs. The Facebook Empire – Facebook’s “Lasso” (it’s TikTok clone), has 250,000 downloads in the U.S. since last November. TikTok has 41.3 Million in that timeframe.
Tik Tok Demographics Statistics
- 8% of 16 – 64 year old Australian’s were on the platform in January 2020 – this percentage equates to more than 1.7 million people.
- 41% of TikTok users are aged between 16-24 years old
- TikTok is available in 155 countries
- The app has been downloaded 467 million time in India, 173 million times in China, and 123 million times in US
- Chinese users account for 80% of the total time spent using TikTok in 2019.
- 43% of new TikTok users are from India.
- One-third of all smartphone users in India have downloaded TikTok
- Brazil is TikTok’s third and fastest-growing market, with 8.6% of downloads
- 90% of all users access the app at least once a day
- 66% of all users worldwide are under the age of 30
- 68% of users watched someone else’s video.
- 63% liked someone else’s video.
- 63% started following someone.
- 59% logged in without doing anything.
- 55% uploaded a video.
- 54% commented on someone’s video.
- 50% shared someone’s video on a different social network.
- 43% uploaded a “Duet” video.
- 41% uploaded a “React” video.
TikTok Advertisement Stats
- Influencers with more than 2.5 million followers charge between $600-$1000 per post
- TikTok guarantees five million daily impressions for brand takeover ads
- Ads prices range from $50 to $150,000 on the platform
- The most expensive ad type listed in the company’s leaked pitch deck is the branded Hashtag Challenge.
- TikTok competitor Byte plans to pay creators $250,000 for videos
Most Followed Tik Tok Accounts
At least 40 TikTok stars have more than 10 million followers and it’s top 25 accounts have more than 20 million followers.
- Loren Gray – 39.4 million
- Tik Tok – 37.1 million
- Zac King – 34.8 million
- Baby Ariel – 30.2 million
- Riyaz – 28.8 million
Feel the need for more stats?
Looking for some platform specific stats? We got you.