01st February 2020
We’ve scoured the web and compiled everything we could find into one complete record, full of sources.
This is it. The ultimate list of 2020 Instagram Statistics that you need to know.
We’ve picked out some of our favourite statistics for this video, but you can check out the complete list of stats here.
You can check out a snippet of the full-length post below!
Here we go…
Random Instagram Stats
- The second most downloaded free app in the Apple store is Instagram.
- More than 40 billion photos have been shared on the app.
- Approximately 100 million photos are uploaded every 24 hours.
- It’s expected that Instagram will account for nearly 30 percent of Facebook’s ad revenue in 2020.
- Instagram is used by 25% of smartphone users.
- #Love is the most used hashtag on Instagram. It has been used more than 1.7 billion times
- The first photo ever posted to Instagram was of a dog near a taco stand, taken by Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom.
- Instagram is the 10th most popular Google query.
Instagram User Stats
- Instagram is currently hiding likes for the following 7 countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Ireland, Italy, Japan and New Zealand.
- Instagram has 1 billion users using the app every month.
- Instagram stories has 500 million users every day.
- The top 5 countries with the most Instagram users are: America (110M), Brazil (70M), India (69M), Indonesia (59M), Russia (40M).
- It’s predicted in 2020 that Instagram will see a 5.4% increase in American users and reach 112.5M, and 117.2M in 2021.
- The 5 countries that reach the highest percentage of the population are: Brunei (60%), Iceland (57%), Turkey (56%), Sweden (55%), Kuwait (55%).
- On Instagram, 52% of users are female, and 48% of users are men.
- 88% of Instagram users live outside of America.
- As of November 2019, there are 9,442,000 Instagram users in Australia.
- This accounts for 37.2% of the entire population.
- The majority of Australian Instagram users are female – 57.1%.
- 3,100,000 Australian users are aged between 25-34.
What are your favourite Instagram Statistics for 2020? We would love to hear from you in the comments below!